Blocked Toilet Clearing Service in Melbourne
Plumber Near Me is the specialist in clearing blocked toilets throughout the metropolitan Melbourne area.
Our extensive collection of drain cleaning equipment will ensure that we can clear your drains with ease.
In an emergency situation we are often able to repair or replace your toilet and cistern the same day – and we’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
When looking to have your toilet unblocked and if your blockage is not on a domestic house, you have extremely long drains without an inspection point, or you are in a group of units or in a commercial situation we would advise that you request a hydro jet drain cleaning machine.
The advantage of the hydro jet over the conventional electric eel is that it has far longer reach with some of the reels exceeding 60 metres which is useful on longer drains or where there isn’t inspection point access into the sewer drain.
The hydro jet (or jetter) uses high pressure water which is pumped from a motor and pump and will clear and clean the drain.
Sometimes when attending to clear a blocked toilet we have to remove the toilet pan, which is the bowl you sit on, as this allows the only access point into the drain in some homes.
Understanding Toilet Blockages
Toilet blockages can be a frustrating and messy ordeal. It’s important to understand what causes them and how to recognise the signs.
There are several common causes of toilet clogs. One culprit is foreign objects that find their way into the toilet bowl, such as toys or excessive amounts of toilet paper.
Flushing inappropriate items like wipes, feminine hygiene products, or cotton balls can also lead to blockages and toilet overflow. Structural issues in the plumbing system, such as tree roots invading the sewer line, can cause blockages as well.
Recognising the signs of a blocked toilet is crucial. If you notice slow drainage, where the water takes longer to go down, or if you hear gurgling sounds coming from the toilet after flushing, these are potential indicators of a blockage. Another sign is water level fluctuations, where the water rises higher or lower than usual.
By understanding the causes and signs of toilet blockages, you can take appropriate action to address the issue throughout the metropolitan Melbourne area.
In some cases, you may be able to resolve minor blockages yourself using a plunger or a toilet auger.
DIY Solutions for Minor Blockages
Dealing with a minor toilet blockage can be a hassle, but with a few simple techniques, you might be able to clear it yourself.
Here are some DIY solutions to unclog a toilet. Make sure you wear rubber gloves. Try these before calling in the professionals.
- Plunging the toilet: Keep your plunger handy, it’s your go-to tool for minor blockages. Create a good seal around the drain, then push and pull vigorously to create suction and dislodge the obstruction. Repeat as needed and be patient.
- Using a toilet auger: If plunging doesn’t do the trick, a toilet auger can be helpful. Insert the auger into the toilet bowl and down the toilet drain, rotate the handle clockwise, and push it gently forward. This can break up and clear blockages deeper in the pipes.
- Use a toilet snake: A toilet snake (or drain snake) has a smaller diameter cable than a toilet auger. However, the cable tips don’t look all that different. Be sure to wear rubber gloves when you use a toilet snake or auger.
- Home remedies for minor clogs: In some cases, a mixture of hot water and dish soap can be effective. Pour hot water into the toilet bowl and down the toilet drain, add a few squirts of dish soap, and let it sit for a while. The hot water trick doesn’t always work, but the combination can help break down the clog, making it easier to flush away. Some people also choose to use commercially available chemical drain cleaners.
Remember, these DIY solutions are suitable for minor blockages only. If the problem persists or worsens, or if you’re uncertain about handling the situation yourself, it’s best to call a Melbourne-based plumbing service.
They have the expertise and specialised equipment to tackle more stubborn blockages and ensure a thorough resolution.
When to Call the Professionals
While DIY solutions can work for minor blockages, there are times when it’s necessary to enlist the help of a professional clogged toilet clearing service. Here are some instances when calling in the experts is the right move:
- Multiple plumbing fixtures affected: If you notice that not only your toilet but also other plumbing fixtures like sinks and showers are experiencing drainage issues, it could indicate a larger problem within your plumbing system. A professional can assess the situation comprehensively and address any underlying issues.
- Recurring blockages: If your toilet keeps getting blocked despite your best efforts to clear it, it’s a sign that there may be an underlying problem causing the repeated blockages. A professional plumber will not only unclog a toilet, they can also identify the root cause and provide a lasting solution.
- Foul odours or sewage backup: Unpleasant smells emanating from your toilet or sewage backing up into your bathroom are serious signs of a blockage. These indicate a potential sewer line issue that requires immediate attention from a professional.
- Inadequate DIY solutions: If you’ve tried plunging, using a toilet auger, or home remedies without success, it’s time to bring in the professionals. They have the knowledge, experience, and specialised equipment to tackle even the toughest blockages effectively.
- Potential structural or sewer line issues: If you suspect that the blockage is caused by structural problems, such as tree root intrusion or damaged sewer lines, it’s essential to call a professional plumbing service. They can perform a thorough inspection and provide the necessary repairs or replacements.
Remember, professional plumbing services have the expertise and tools to handle complex blockages and ensure your toilet functions properly again. Don’t hesitate to reach out to them when you need to unclog a toilet and want to avoid further damage and inconvenience.
Common Causes of Toilet Blockages
Here are several of the most common causes of serious toilet blockages:
Offset Pan Collar
Offset pan collars are frequently the cause of toilet blockages. These are a fitting that sits above ground under the toilet bowl that allow a toilet to be centred when it’s installed if the sewer pipe is not in the right position.
Although this makes it easier in the initial installation of toilets, it often causes unnecessary blockages when too much toilet paper gets caught on this offset.
Tree roots are a very common cause of blocked toilets as they get into the sewer drain in search of water. Any crack or breakage in the pipe gives an entry point for roots to enter. Using the drain cleaning machine we are able to cut these off until they grow again at a later date.
Toilet fresheners are often found in the S trap of a toilet as they become loose or are knocked into the toilet bowl and when it is flushed they become trapped.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Plumber
When you encounter a stubborn toilet blockage, hiring a professional plumbing service can offer numerous benefits:
- Professional expertise and experience: These services have trained professionals with extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with toilet blockages. They can quickly identify the cause of the problem and apply the most effective solutions.
- Access to specialised tools and equipment: Professional plumbing services have advanced tools and equipment specifically designed for resolving blockages, such as CCTV drain cameras and hydro jet drain cleaners. They can employ techniques like high-pressure water jetting or drain cameras to efficiently clear the obstruction.
- Thorough inspection and diagnosis: Professionals will not only clear the blockage but also conduct a thorough inspection of your plumbing system. They can identify any underlying issues that may have contributed to the blockage and provide recommendations for preventive maintenance.
- Preventive maintenance and advice: A qualified plumber can offer valuable advice on preventing future blockages. They can provide guidance on proper toilet usage, recommend drain maintenance practices, and suggest plumbing upgrades if necessary.
By hiring a professional plumber to unclog a toilet, you save yourself time, effort, and potential frustration. They have the expertise, tools, and knowledge to ensure a proper and lasting solution to your toilet blockage, restoring its functionality and preventing future issues.
Preventive Toilet Maintenance
Taking proactive measures to maintain your toilet can help prevent future blockages and keep it functioning smoothly. Here are some essential tips for preventive toilet maintenance:
- Mindful flushing: Only flush down human waste and toilet paper. Avoid flushing items like wipes, feminine hygiene products, cotton balls, or excessive amounts of toilet paper, as these can contribute to blockages.
- Regular cleaning: Clean your toilet regularly using mild cleaners or vinegar to prevent buildup and keep the pipes clear. Pay attention to the rim, bowl, and drain holes to remove any mineral deposits or debris.
- Install a toilet paper holder: Using a toilet paper holder can help control the amount of toilet paper used, reducing the risk of excessive paper causing blockages.
- Educate household members: Teach everyone in your household about proper toilet usage. Inform them about what should and shouldn’t be flushed, emphasising the importance of responsible flushing habits.
- Routine inspections: Periodically inspect your toilet for any signs of leaks, cracks, or loose parts. Addressing these issues promptly can prevent further damage and potential blockages.
By implementing these preventive maintenance practices, you can minimise the likelihood of toilet blockages and the need for a licensed plumber.
It’s an investment of time and effort that can save you from the inconvenience and expense of dealing with a clogged toilet in the future.
Choosing the Right Plumber
When it comes to selecting a clogged toilet clearing service, it’s crucial to make an informed decision. Here are some factors to consider when you’re looking for a professional plumber in Melbourne:
- Reputation and customer reviews: Research and read reviews about different services in your area. Look for positive feedback, reliability, and professionalism in handling toilet blockages.
- Licensing and certification: Ensure that the service provider has the necessary licences and certifications to operate in your area. This ensures they meet industry standards and regulations.
- Insurance coverage: Verify if the company has adequate insurance coverage. This protects you from any liability in case of accidents or damages that may occur during the clearing process.
- Pricing and cost transparency: Request quotes from multiple services and compare their pricing. Choose a provider that offers transparent pricing without hidden fees or additional charges.
- Emergency services availability: Check if the service provider offers 24/7 emergency services. Toilet blockages can happen at any time, so having a reliable service available round the clock is important.
By considering these factors, you can select a clogged toilet clearing service that is reputable, trustworthy, and capable of efficiently resolving your toilet blockage issue. Taking the time to choose the right service provider ensures you receive quality service and peace of mind.
Seek Help and Prevent Further Damage
Dealing with a blocked toilet can be a messy and frustrating experience. While minor blockages can sometimes be resolved with DIY methods, there are instances when calling a professional clogged toilet clearing service is necessary.
If you’re facing recurring blockages, multiple plumbing fixtures are affected, or you notice foul odours or sewage backup, it’s time to seek expert help.
Hiring a professional Melbourne plumbing service offers numerous benefits, including their professional expertise, access to specialised tools, thorough inspection, and preventive maintenance advice. They can efficiently diagnose and resolve even the most stubborn blockages, ensuring your toilet functions properly again.
When choosing a service provider, consider their reputation, licensing, insurance coverage, pricing transparency and availability of emergency services. By making an informed decision, you can select a reliable and capable professional to address your toilet blockage effectively.
Remember, addressing a toilet clog promptly is crucial to prevent further damage and maintain a functional bathroom. Don’t hesitate to seek professional help when needed and enjoy the peace of mind of a properly functioning toilet.
Give Plumber Near Me a Call for Blocked Toilets
If you are having ongoing blockages with your toilet, you can request for Plumber Near Me to send one of our CCTV drain cameras which shows a video of the internal sewer pipe and will identify where and if there are any breakages are in your system. This is helpful to assess the degree of damage to your drain and if a repair is required.
Call Plumber Near Me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, if you have a blocked toilet. Simply book a plumber for your toilet or cistern online now or give us a call. We offer a range of interest free** payment options for your convenience.
Please note: This information is provided for advice purposes only. Regulations differ from state to state, so please consult your local authorities or an industry professional before proceeding with any work. See our Terms & Conditions here.